3 DAY MOUNT ELGON HIKKING @ $1778.4
DAY 1 KAMPALA TO MT ELGON
After the Early morning breakfast, You will be picked up at your hotel for the journey to Mount Elgon in eastern Uganda, a 5 hour journey past the Mabira Forest onward to Mbale with a lunch stop along the way and a visit to Sipi Falls for a community walk before proceeding to check in for Dinner and overnight at Sipi River Resort. Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
DAY 2 HIKE TO PISWA CAMP
After breakfast start the hike at 2190m following Kapkwata Trail that leads to Piswa Camp at 2850m. On the wilderness experience you will meet few other trekkers, admire bamboo forest, Giant Hornbills, Forest water lakes as you climb above the clouds and look north down into Kenya and onto the plains of Karamoja. Overnight at Piswa. Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
DAY 3 DESCEND TO FINISH THE HIKE AND HEAD ENTEBBE STRAIGHT.
Start the day very early with a descend heading down to Sasa trail and on to Budadiri to find your safari vehicle ready for the return journey to Kampala. You will have lunch en route to Entebbe and arrive to prepare for a late night flight home. Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch.
END OF TOUR
Package tour included; Accommodation(Full Board), Transportation, Park entrance, Hiking fee, Mountain Ranger Fee, Guide / Driver Allowance, Sipi Falls Entrance Fee, Porters 25kgs per person, Rescue fee in case of emergency rescue on Mt Elgon.
Excludes; Personal Insurance, Equipments for hike, Extra Luggage (extra 25kg per person), flight fares, laundry, tips, Telephone.
What to bring
- Thermal Underwear
- Mount boats (Good quality)
- Summer Shirt(s) and Shorts for walking in the heat at the start of the trek
- warm long-sleeved shirt/ walking trousers(Not Jeans) for when it gets cold
- Water bottles (strong to hold 3litres) which you carry with you daily
- Basic First Aid (For Personal Use)
- Head Torch and a set of spare batteries/ 2nd Back up torch and spare batteries
- Polarized snow glasses or goggles- to protect your eyes from sun glare and snow
- Day Sac minimum Capacity 20kg that will be carried by a porter. Big enough for you to carry your daily water (3 liters), Lunch Box, Camera, Wet Weather Clothing and Fleece Jacket
- Hat –warm hat and a sun hat that has both a peak and shades the back of your neck